Whisper Shetland Batty Double Take Set
Two approximately equal sized amount of fibre: one of pure white and the other with just hints of colors here and there to add a whisper of depth to an otherwise pristine white batt. Complimenting batts that are equally beautiful and fun to spin in their simplicity. Sisters, not twins!
This Shetland batt is a blend of white Shetland double coated wool, with tints of hand dyed Merino streaks. It has a nice soft handle, lightweight, and is a pleasure to spin.
It is suitable for next to skin garments or accessories needing a comforting warmth and unusual durability provided by the Shetland wool.
Shetland fiber width: 21-23 microns. Staple length: 8-9cm.
97% Shetland white, double coated undyed wool (hand processed from raw fleece). 3% Merino wool (hand dyed).
Total weight approximately 100g (set of two batts).
No batts are exactly the same... It is what makes them special.
You may encounter some VM (vegetable matter like plant bits, hay, etc.) specially with Farm Fibre because sheep do sheep things, right? I try my best to remove them all but a few will escape my eagle eye. Just pause, pick them off, and spin away!
Colors may appear differently on different fibres/fibre blends. Different settings on digital devices may also show colors differently on your screen.
Hand wash completed projects in cold water with a gentle detergent if needed. Lay flat and/or shape to dry. Some slight dye run off for the first couple of washes may occur, specially with highly saturated colors.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: All Sales are Final. Please read the yarn/fibre information and FAQs, refund and shipping policies before completing your order.
The yarn bases I use are sourced from mills with best farming practices in Italy and South America, and are mulesing free.
Oh Nina! STANDARD BASES
- CLASSIC SOCK C$32 (previously Soft&Strong Sock) 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon. 465yd/425m - 100g - 4ply fingering weight
POSH SOCK C$32 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon. 425yd/388m - 115g - 4 ply fingering weight
- ELITE SOCK C$33 85% Superwash Extra Fine Merino, 15% Nylon. 437yd/400m - 100g - 4 ply fingering weight
MERINO DK C$32 100% Superwash Merino. 246yd/225m - 100g - 4 ply DK weight
MERINO WORSTED C$32 100% Superwash Merino. 218yd/200m - 100g - 4 ply worsted weight
Oh Nina! SEASONAL BASES
- KIDSILK MOHAIR C$33 72% Kid Mohair, 28% Silk. 459yd/420m - 50g - lace weight
- SURI SILK CLOUD C$33 74% Baby Suri Alpaca, 26% Mulberry Silk. 328yd/300m - 50g - lace weight
- SOCKY BAMBOO C$32 85% Superwash Wool, 15% Natural Bamboo. 437yd/400m - 100g - fingering weight
- SO FINE SOCK C$32 75% Superwash Fine Merino - 25% Nylon. 459yd/420m - 100g - 3ply fingering weight
- POSH HIGH TWIST SOCK C$32 80% Superwash Merino - 20% Nylon. 399yd/365m - 100g - 2 ply high twist fingering weight
SILKY MERINO C$36 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk. 399yd/365m - 100g - high twist fingering weight
SILKY MERINO BAMBOO C$36 65% Superwash Merino, 20% Natural Bamboo, 15% Silk. 437yd/400m - 100g - 4 ply fingering weight
LUXE MCN C$36 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon. 437yd/400m - 100g - 4 ply fingering weight
- SO FINE SPORT C$32 100% Superwash Fine Merino. 350yd/320m - 100g - 3 ply sport weight
- POSH SPORT C$32 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon. 328yd/300m - 100g - 3 ply sport weight
- PLUSH DK C$32. 100% Superwash Extra Fine Merino. 251yd/230m - 115g - springy twist, 4 ply DK weight. (This yarn base can be considered a heavy DK or light worsted weight. It can be used for either DK or Worsted projects)
- HIGH TWIST DK C$32 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon. 265yd/243m - 100g - high twist, DK weight
MEGA BULKY MERINO C$32 100% Superwash Merino. 127yd/116m - 227g - single ply super bulky weight